Saturday, June 9, 2012

Gotta Be Me

I am drawn to people who have no problem being themselves whatever that means. I like they way they can express themselves and aren't afraid to share who they are. However I often have a hard time being myself. I tend to feel out of place. So I try to blend or hide or I try to figure what I could do to change. Whether it’s changing the color of my hair, trying to loose weight or hiding that I like Star Trek, Star Wars and Stargate fan because not many people I know like anything with the word Star in it.

The thing is I was also basing my relationship with God the same way trying to pray like people around me. React to circumstances the way people who were believers a lot longer then me. I tried to act happy and not share the times I was hurting inside. I ended feeling defeated and distant from God but the great thing about Him is that He speaks to us uniquely. The way He spoke to Noah, Abraham, David and later to the disciples who once fisherman and became fishers of men. Like any good father He is consistent.

 In my search for my identity He has spoken to me through my own Pastor who is always stressing the importance in being who God made me, a daily devotion, or a sermon I’ve heard on the radio. Since I love music so much He also speaks to me in song using some really great artists who have also gone through what I am or share some of the same feelings in their journey. I’m so glad God specializes in using unlikely people.


I like that He can use my weakness to show His strength. I finally get it it’s ok to be different. It’s even ok to be uncertain because as long as give it to Him He will use it to nurture me so I grow to be the women He intended me to be.

Are you being who you were created to be?

Psalm 139: 14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made your works are wonderful, I know that full well.







Check out this song by Tenth Avenue North titled You Are More

No comments: