Monday, February 27, 2012

From the Beginning


My faith journey began as a teenager even though as a child my mom had always made God a part of my life by taking me to church, giving me a Bible, and teaching me to pray. It wasn't till I was a teenager that I started to seek God for myself.

I wish I could say everything clicked and I had a feeling or moment of transformation like I’ve heard about from other countless experienced. God didn’t save me from a life that involved letting go of some addiction or saved me from a life of deep pain and it wasn’t instantaneous. God revealed Himself to me quietly and steadily.

I became born again as they say around 18 but for me that was it. There wasn’t a change inside it was like winning a billion dollars putting it in the bank and living like I never received the money. I spend all the time working hard barley getting by when all along I had all I needed. I just needed to access it; only I really didn’t know how to.
I wasn’t spending time with Him in prayer and Bible study I was living like my encounter with Him was routine and it didn’t impact my life.

However, I’m no longer go to dwell on what I could have done or should have done differently but celebrate  that along the way I discovered that real joy and peace come from pursing Him no matter how often I stumble along the way. He is showing me how to engage in a relationship with Him that thrives.

Amen

No comments: