Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

This time of year it is easy to stop and think about all the things we are thankful for. We all tend to say I'm thankful for my family, friends, and my job, but I think we take for granted just how truly blessed we are to have family. People who are there for you who care about you who are so a part of your life that you don't know how essential they are until they are gone.
How about that friend who has spent countless hours listing to you cry, to celebrate with your joys and comfort in your hour of sadness. Then there is that job that you have to wake up to everyday wishing you didn't. Do you know how blessed you are to have a job .to be able to provide for your family. To have a warm place to call home because of that job.

Then there is God we say how thankful we are for Him without really comprehending how deep His love is for us. I think sometimes we say things without really grasping the magnitude of what those words really mean. We spend time waiting for big things to happen in our lives without seeing how remarkable the small things are.

This November as we are being thankful let's really look at what we have and how blessed we are. I am thankful for God's amazing love and grace and how He has surrounded me with so many incredible people that exhibit these qualities. I have loving parents, awesome siblings and nieces and nephews that take my breath away. I have thoughtful aunts, uncles and cousins. Friends that surprise me with their care for me and a job where I can help others.

Life is good.

No comments: