Monday, October 7, 2013

Archer Book One : Just the beginning





http://www.amazon.com/Archer-Book-Grapple-Universe-ebook/dp/B00DE1A4MQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381187051&sr=8-1&keywords=Archer+the+long+game



Check out:  Archer: Book One of The Long Game by Richard Rohlin with Benjamin Feehan. I found it following  The Gentlemen Explorer Blog http://gentlemanadventurer.org. I bought it for several reasons. First, the guys were talking about the story before it was released. Second, the cover peeked my interest.Third, I like super heroes so I was happy to check it out. I actually bought it the day they released it just took me awhile to find time to read.

In a nut shell the story takes place in 1976,  Roger Fitztooth, the main character realizes that his family fortune has been made in the shadows of darkness and corruption. He decides he doesn't want to be a part of that so he leaves the life he knows and learns to become an Archer.

I liked the story for many reasons. I'm drawn to stories with people who have the power and ability to harm but choose to do good. I liked that the heroes are ordinary people rising up to battle evil no matter the cost even when it could be their own lives.

The authors do a great job of showing action and bringing you into the world they have create. The story starts in the city but takes you world wide to expose the vastness of the evil that has invaded the world.




No comments: