Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Complacency

When things are going well it is very easy to assume that you are alright. I wasn’t a drinker I didn’t take drugs and for the most part I lived my life pretty tame. So when I accepted Christ I really didn’t see that He had much to change after all I was a “good girl”.

What a joke! First to think I was a good girl and second and more important was limiting Jesus. I thought once I accepted Him I was good to go. Life was good I was good.

Only life hasn’t really been good and I haven’t really been good. I have just been getting by, not rocking any boats keeping myself safe emotionally and I think even spiritually because I didn’t push myself to grow. As long as I was safe in my mind I was ok, but what was I doing with my time, my talent, my life. How was I impacting others for the Kingdom? I wasn’t because I had settled into my day to day life not expecting more or believing there was more. I hardly challenged myself and settled for mediocre.

Steven Curtis Chapman has a song “Wake up and See the Glory” he says he never liked the word mediocre and I would sing along not realizing that I in fact did like that word and actually live it and have lived it for years. I have always settled for just getting by accepting the lie that’s who I am.

Jesus didn’t pursue me just to save me from separation from Him but to show who He is now and how He will move in my life. He has been asking me to believe Him for everything and not just make Him a part of my life but to allow Him to take over my life.

He wants me to trust Him and get up and move. I can’t do that if I am ok with being complacent. I have to step out in faith knowing that He is right by my side and win or loose it isn’t about ME. My idea of success is not God’s idea of success. I can trust that in whatever I do God is there to guide me.

Are you living a complacent life?

No comments: