Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby Steps 2

When I started to write this blog I wanted to be poetic and inspiring but I found that it hindered what i was trying to say so I am just going to share what's on my mind and heart at the time. So here goes.

In writing baby steps I talked about needing your family to grow and mature healthy. That also applies to your new Christian family you've been adopted into when you accept Jesus. Think of yourself as a spiritual baby who once again needs the encouragement,guidance support and yes sometimes discipline of family members who have been there and done that.

God doesn't call us to take this journey alone He encourages us to lean on Him and each other to grow;to grow up, grow strong and root ourselves in His truth. That happens with deliberate choices to spend time with Him in prayer and personal devotion time as well as being active in a body of believers.Just like babies we need to be fed and when we aren't we suffer from malnutrition posing as spiritual blocks that hinder us from seeing the truth.

Choose to live and grow on purpose things don't just happen relationship's don't just work themselves out. Make it happen.

No comments: