Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Focus



Philippians 3:14 (NIV)   I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus

Now that the presents are unwrapped the gatherings are done and life is getting back to some sense of normalcy. Ask your self is Jesus still the reason for the season. Today I saw a sign that read Jesus is the reason for all seasons. Is that true in your life? Are your days focused on your resolutions, your to do list, your goals, your plans or are they you on the only one who can make it all possible? Let’s face it we can’t accomplish the things we plan, or that to do list or have the will power to stick with our resolutions without Him.

We ought to be like Paul whose focus was his place in heaven and in Christ .We spend so much time focused on achieving an idea of perfection. We leave God for the special occasions in a building that we visit maybe twice a week. When we pray we ask for things to make us happy more money, a better car, a better job, for safety , for good health, while now of this is wrong our focus should be about getting to know the One who can satisfy all our needs.

My dear siblings in Christ let us not forget that everyday, every moment, every thought, every action we take belong to Him. I say this often “It’s not about you” or me. My focus can not be  what I can do to make my life better but how God can use me to touch someone who has been hurt, to comfort someone who is depressed, to lift someone else and encourage them, to be the hands and feet of God. It’s not just a great saying it’s what God expects of us, to show others His love compassion, mercy and grace.

I want my focus not to be me. What’s your focus?

No comments: